Because the vast majority of news sources would prefer you to stay locked down, inside your house, and in front of your computer or TV with fear in your heart. Of course, I could just be a conspiracy nut. And, in that case, skip the rest of this raving rant. Save yourself some more time for the fear news.
But check out these health headlines from today 1/4/2024 before you go:
- FDA probes side effects of weight-loss drugs
- Possible Ozempic side effects including hair loss and suicidal thoughts probed by FDA
- FDA examining side effect reports with Lilly, Novo obesity drugs
- Highly contagious measles exposures in Philadelphia announced in unvaccinated residents
- Flu misery, COVID on the rise due to lack of vaccination
- ‘Take prevention seriously’: SC urges caution as respiratory illness remain high
- SC flu cases, COVID-19 hospitalizations on the rise following holiday season
- As flu cases spike, local hospital adjusts visiting policies
For 50 years I’ve been writing and talking about how this kind of world could and would happen. At first it was innocuous “laws” and policies to simply “provide protection” from accidents. You know. Helmets for motorcycles. And seatbelts for cars. I’m not against those, by the way. But the “laws?” Not so much.
I’m not gonna bore you with some decades long timetable. Because all that data probably wouldn’t change 1 mind out of 10. Probably wouldn’t turn 1 person’s heart, out of 10, toward their Maker.
I CAN tell you the news isn’t likely to get better any time soon.
And that includes health headlines, business headlines, and political headlines. So, I just recommend that you at least scan the headlines and bullet points on major news sites. And don’t be surprised when you see how similar, almost eerily similar, they are to each other. It all reminds me of the lyrics I wrote over 25 years ago. It was a song called Cliché. Here’s a verse…
We want to live in a fat-free environment, and
We want to make sure the ozone is intact.
And so we watch all those service commercials, and
It’s just so easy to sit back and react.
Is it just melodrama…for me to feel this way?
I wonder…is it just me?
Or does it all sound so cliché?
Does it sound that way? So cliché?
Cliché, and 12 other songs are included in my Do Right songbook journal. Get yourself a copy on Amazon today. It won’t build your immune system. But it might help you connect with the One who designed that system.