Have you noticed how most politicians, billionaires, and millionaires love clout? Yeah, they love to wield influence and power even when they don’t have the wisdom to do so. But time is running out for anyone who expects influence and power to last forever.
Here’s a list of those people I shared eight years ago. And this is eight years truer now.
Time is running out for…
- Those who do whatever they feel is right.
- Entrepreneurial types who likes to work all day and night on that next big project
- CEO’s of very popular tech companies with pipelines of product launches
- Homemakers who know the kids won’t be home from school until 3:45 or 4:00, so they use that extra time to catch up on TV shows
- Hormonal teenagers eager to get to your daily sexual escapades
- Sci-fi thriller writers whose research keeps them locked in their offices, away from family
- Shopaholics with eyes constantly glued to the shopping channels on cable TV
If any of those describe you, redeem the time. And the definition of “redeem,” in this case is: compensate for poor past performance or behavior.
But maybe none of those descriptions in that list describe you. Ok, try this list…
- Sports fans with 3 big screen TV’s, who never miss “the game”
- History buffs who spend every spare moment in cool, old bookstores
- Pastors focused on building big, beautiful churches with congregations of affluent givers
- Musicians who practice, practice, practice but never find a purpose
- Skilled craftsmen always focused on getting the next project
- Unemployed people who covet the freedom they get from government checks
So, if any those descriptions fit you, time is running out.
Or wait a minute (pun slightly intended). Maybe I’m wrong about that. After all, this old world has been turning for maybe millions of years. Right? So, who’s to say it won’t turn for millions more?
Don’t pay any attention to “do-gooders,” like me, who always talk about things like “getting right with God” or “having a relationship with Jesus” or “only one Way to Heaven.” Because we’re just killjoys who don’t want you have any fun because we don’t get to have any fun.
And don’t give us another thought. Keep doing what you’re doing. And enjoy your life to the fullest. You probably have plenty of time.
Unless it’s actually running out.
Well time flies away
Don’t put off who you should get to today
Time flies away
Don’t you wait till we meet in the angel cafe’
(lyrics from the song “Angel Cafe”)
No-cost, low-cost, and premium ways you can help me spread the Word…
Tell everybody you know to Jump on the Rhyme and Reason Bandwagon
(emails with good stuff for Fa-Ree)
Get my Rhyme & Reason Podcast delivered right to your device. (also Fa-Ree)
Grab yourself an un-cool T-shirt
Or how about some music for believers, dreamers, and thinkers