I was part of a debate…uh…conversation about whether or not The Flood actually happened. And you know The Flood I refer to, right? The guy who started the debate…uh…conversation said there’s no evidence that a worldwide flood ever happened. But he’s a perfect example of how so many deny that facts are real. That’s why they’re called facts.
And facts are real despite how you “feel” about ’em.
Most people on our little, blue planet “feel” like there’s no ultimate Designer God. So they fall (or should I say leap?) into the category of “Don’t confuse me with the facts. My mind’s made up.”
To show you what I mean, I shared some flood facts with the guy who said there’s no evidence for a worldwide flood. Here are the bullet points…
- Today two miles of water covers two-thirds of Earth, enough to cover the early lower mountains.
- An average of more than a mile deep of sedimentary layers on the continents.
- Trillions of dead things (i.e., hard-to-form fossils) laid down by water in strata all over graveyard Earth.
- The documented Permian extinction event destroyed 90% of all multicellular marine species.
- A documented genetic bottleneck for man and 90% of all animals far more recent than a million years ago.
- All major mountain ranges have marine fossils atop them including on Everest, the Rockies, etc. (excepting volcanoes of course) These include fish, clams, marine mammals, sea lilies, even whales high in the Andes, etc.
- The general pattern of fossil progression matches flood burial from the Precambrian layer’s seabed bottom-dwelling creatures like trilobites up through the Jurassic and higher layer birds.
- Dinosaur soft tissue still exists preserving T. rex blood cells, blood vessels, and a dozen proteins from a dozen different kinds of dinosaurs and countless other organisms.
- While NASA presumes there may have been a near global flood on virtually bone-dry Mars, secularists ignore the sufficient water in our own two-mile deep oceans which could easily cover the Earth (with lower pre-flood mountains).
And, naturally, the guy’s response was…
“The Bible is not evidence.” Or something to that effect. I don’t remember his exact words.
But the point is…where, in all of those bullet points, did I mention anything from the Bible?
Methinks the guy doth protest too much because the Truth is written on his heart. Sure, right now, that heart is a cold, dark stone. But if he would only open his eyes and mind to the possibility that there IS a God and that it isn’t him, he’d see facts are real. Even when they make you feel uncomfortable.
In awe of all creation, and how it all could be,
The fairy tale illusions increase with every year.
The wrinkled plans expand…exponentially,
Until one day, perhaps, a duck becomes a deer.
(from the song Fast Forward)
Sign up for my Rhyme and Reason emails. (good stuff for Fa-Ree)
Get my Rhyme & Reason Podcast delivered right to your device. (also Fa-Ree)
Grab yourself an un-cool T-shirt
Or how about some music for kids