Have you ever wondered what you should pray about or pray for? When somebody says you should pray for others, do you have a hard time thinking of something to pray? Well, I have 12 things you can pray for others. You can look at this list anytime you can’t think of anything to pray. I’m gonna try it, too.
There’s a place in the Bible where Paul tells some people called the Colossians that he wouldn’t stop praying for them. When you read his words, it looks like there are 12 good things you can pray for others. There are plenty more, but these are very important ones. Start praying for others to…
- Be filled with the knowledge of God’s will – not some silly ideas about what to wear today…or what to eat…but His will for eternal life
- Walk worthy of the Lord – praying and asking for His help is a good start
- Be pleasing the Lord – simply talk to Him about life’s problems, or how great the day went. He loves it when we talk to Him.
- Keep being fruitful in every good work – That happens by trusting in God to help make good choices.
- Keep increasing in the knowledge of God – Spend time listening to what His word says to your spirit.
- Be strengthened with all might – When God is on your side, it doesn’t matter who or how many are against you.
- Be equipped with patience and long-suffering with joy – It’s not much of a big deal to get through things complaining. But it’s a very big deal when you can get through things with a song in your heart and on your lips.
- Be partakers of the inheritance of the saints – That means you hope others come to know Jesus and accept Him as their Savior. And you want them to go to Heaven. Saints are people who believe and trust in Jesus.
- Be delivered from the power of darkness – The power of darkness is all around. It’s in TV’s, on CD’s, in the movies, and most of all in the air all around. Jesus delivers, or saves, people from the power of darkness. In fact, He’s the only one who can.
- Be conveyed into the kingdom of the Son of His love – That means a person becomes completely new when they trust in Jesus. They get a brand new spirit that will last forever. And they get to live with Jesus in a perfect place forever. His kingdom never ever ends.
- Be redeemed through His blood – It’s good to understand how big a price Jesus paid for us to live forever with Him. He shed His blood for us.
- Be forgiven of sins – And that’s what Jesus died and rose from dead to give us. He paid for all the bad things all of us do. And if we ask Him, He forgives us…forever.
So there are 12 things you can pray for others today. Start with one person and one thing. I bet, before long, you won’t run out of things to pray. Which one will you start with today? Here’s a rhyme to help you remember…
When you pray for others, you show love.
When you pray for others every day,
You’ll be doing something Jesus loves…
So bow your head right now and pray.